BMedSci (Hons), MBBS, FRACS
Hepato-Pancreato-Billary, Laparoscopic and Endoscopic Surgeon
Mr Tuck Yong trained in General Surgery with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) and obtained his fellowship in 2010. Along the way he won the RACS Graeme Duffy Memorial Prize for best research presentation (2006).
Mr Yong then furthered his training in liver, biliary and pancreatic surgery under the auspices of the Australia and New Zealand Hepatic Pancreatic and Biliary Association (ANZHPBA). This latter peroid also included time working in the Australian National Liver Transplant Unit.
Mr Yong is a Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary surgeon with special interests in:
- Liver, biliary and pancreatic surgery (Mr Yong is one of a few surgeons in Melbourne who performs laparoscopic Whipple)
- Gallbladder surgery (including complex biliary reconstruction and laparoscopic bile duct explorations)
- Laparoscopic hernia repair
- Gastric surgery
- Oesophagal reflux and hiatal hernia surgery
- Bariatric surgery
- Interventional endoscopy (including ERCP & EUS)
Mr Yong also has strong academic interests and is an examiner for the RACS. Currently he is also a lecturer and researcher at the University of Melbourne.
Mr Yong is fluent in other languages including Malay and various Chinese dialects including Mandarin and Cantonese.
Read about our Endoscopic Services. Click here.