Medhat gained his primary degree in Medicine and Surgery overseas and acquired extensive experience in Medicine and Surgery working in different parts of the world. After completing his General Obstetrics and Gynaecology training in New Zealand and Australia, Medhat received training in Laparoscopic surgery and Uro-gynaeacology in Adelaide. He works as a staff specialist at Northern Health.
Medhat’s practice encompasses all Gynaecology and Obstetrics conditions and his areas of interest include;
- Obstetrics care for low risk and high risk pregnancies
- Colposcopy: diagnosis and treatment of lower genital tract pre-cancerous lesions
- Laparoscopic surgery: diagnosis and treatment of various ovarian, tubal, and uterine conditions in particular laparoscopic hysterectomies, ovarian cystectomies, Oophorectomies and treatment of endometriotis
- Menstrual disorders: Medical management, diagnostic procedures, Minimal Access Surgery including Endometrial ablations, Hysteroscopic procedures and Hysterectomies
- Contraception/ female sterilizations: insertion of IUCDs, Intra-uterine devices, subcutaneous implants
- Laparoscopic tubal ligations and Hysteroscopic Sterilisation
- Uro-gynaecology: management of female pelvic organ prolapse including surgical & non surgical options
- Urinary incontinence: including diagnostic procedures like uro-dynamics and cystoscopies, and also surgical and non-surgical
- options for treatment of urinary incontinence
Medhat is available to see insured and un-insured patients, and urgent appointments could be arranged within 24-48 hours.
Read about our Obsetric and Gynaecological services here.